- Folk Rock
Mumford and Sons
Mumford & Sons are an English indie rock folk rock band from London England that have been getting bigger and bigger since they formed in 2007. The band consists of Marcus Mumford, Ben Lovett, Winston Marshall and Ted Dwane. Mumford & Sons emerged out of what the media called the West London folk scene.
Mumford and Sons released their debut album Sigh No More to the United States in February 2010. However the album was released a few months earlier to the UK and Ireland and it eventually reached number one in Ireland, Australia and New Zealand. Later on it peaked at number 2 on the UK Album Chart as well as the Billboard 200 in the US. The band hit the tour scene strong with hit songs like The Cave and Little Lion Man.
MUMFORD & SONS – Little Lion Man
Mumford and Sons I Will Wait
Mumford and Sons than hit the studio a second time to create an even stronger more alive album in order to show the world their true identity. The band released Babel in September 2012 and it hit the world like a storm. The album debuted at number one in the UK and US like a storm and instantly became the fastest selling album of 2012 in the UK as well as the biggest selling debut in 2012 in the US.
The band gained most of its popularity throughout 2010 as they performed for large audiences across the US. Their live performances are so powerful and energetic that crowds would instantly fall in love and join in and sing along to every song.
- Marcus Mumford vocals, guitar, drums, mandolin
- Ben Lovett vocals, keyboards, accordion, drums
- Winston Marshall vocals, banjo, dobro, guitar
- Ted Dwane vocals, string bass, drums, guitar
Some Mumford and Sons achievements are:
- Receiving two Grammy Award nominations on December 1 2010 for Best New Artist and Best Rock Song Little Lion Man
- An amazing live performance at the Grammy ceremony in February led to increased airplay and popularity for singles from Sigh No More
- Winners of the ARIA Music Award for Most Popular International Artist in 2010
- Winners of the Brit Award in 2011 for Best British Album
- Winners of the European Border Breakers Award in 2011 for their international success
Click the link below to check out more info about the band and check out Tour Dates.
Website: Mumford and Sons
Rate, Review and Share Your thoughts on Mumford and Sons in the comment section below.
Follow us on Twitter @RatePublic
Like us on Facebook